"I don’t want just words. If that’s all you have for me, you’d better go."
F. Scott Fitzgerald (via feellng)
Need all of them!
1. Sneak out in the middle of the night with someone you like. Drive to the middle of nowhere or simply just watch the stars and the moon from the roof of a car. Talk about the universe and everything in between.
2. Draw. Sculpt. Or write. Put your tangled thoughts into art. Show it to someone or hide it under your bed.
3. Put yourself first sometimes. Do what you love even if your friends or parents tell you otherwise. Wear the clothes you want and listen to the music your heart desires. Don’t fall under the pressure of pleasing others.
4. Spend an hour or two alone every day. Go to a coffee shop and sit by the window. Bring your favorite book even though you’ve probably read it a hundred times and look at the different people surrounding you.
5. Go out at night. Perhaps with your best friend. Dress up for once and make sure to feel beautiful and classy. In case you’re a girl put on a shade of red lipstick and curl your hair. There is just something strangely exciting about looking like you got it all together when deep down you’re a nervous wreck."
puff ball #nationaldogday #frenchfry #maltese #sidekick #robintomybatman #balloffur #spoiledbrat #dogsofIG #dontmindmymessybed
I took my little brother (who falls on the autism spectrum) to see Guardians of the Galaxy and after this scene he lit up like a Christmas tree and screamed “He’s like me! He can’t do metaphors!” And for the rest of the film my brother stared at Drax in a state of rapture.
So for the last 6 days I have heard my brother repeatedly quote all of the Drax lines from the movie verbatim (one of his talents), begin studying vocabulary test words, and tell everyone he knows that people with autism can also be superheroes.
Now I am not saying that Drax the Destroyer is, or was ever, intended to be autistic. All I am saying is that it warmed my heart to see my brother have an opportunity to identify himself with a character known for his strength, badassness, and honor. And that is pretty damn awesome.
So while I adored Guardians of the Galaxy as a great fun loving film with cool characters I can do nothing but thank Marvel Studios and Dave Bautista for finally bringing a superhero to the screen that my little brother can relate to.
tearing up. this is perfect.
my ultimate goal is to be at peace with myself, eliminate toxic feelings and elements and energies from my life, unlearn negative and harmful practices and thought patterns, stop checking for people that don’t check for me, create a space for myself that is nurturing for growth so that i may generate loving energy for myself and for others, nourish my spirit and balance my energies, i have big dreams and i deserve to live a life i love and let that love radiate